Reading 095 Short Story Questions
Please answer the questions below carefully and completely. Most of these questions will not be able to
be answered with a single word, but will require explanation of your answer.
Questions for "Paul's Case" by Willa Cather
1. When do you believe this story takes place? Yesterday? Twenty years ago? One hundred years ago? Explain your answer.
2. Describe how Paul looks physically.
3. Describe how Paul acts towards other people.
4. What are Paul's teachers like? Explain your answer
5. Why does Paul go to New York?
6. Explain the ending of the story and its meaning. This question will take at least one paragraph to answer fully.
Please note: completing questions for this story meets the requirement for two of the three required short stories.