Reading 095 Short Story Questions
Quick Links to Navigate This Website
Please answer the questions below carefully and completely. Most of these questions will not be able to be answered with a single word, but will require explanation of your answer.
Questions for "The Ones Who Walked Away from Omelas" by Ursula LeGuin:
1. What is the tone of the story?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What type of society is Omelas?
4. What role does the tormented child play in the story?
5. Why do some citizens desert Omelas?
6. What is the source of conflict in the story?
7. Who is the protagognist?
8. Who is the antogonist?
9. What is the subtitle of this story?
10. What is your reaction to the story? This question should take at least two paragraphs to answer fully.
Please remember - completing the questions to this story adquately meets the requirement for 2 of the 3 short story readings.